We are committed to making our site and the sites we develop, easy to use and accessible to all user groups, including the disabled. We support the W3C Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) endorsed by the Royal National Institute for the Blind (RNIB).
Accessibility Features :
We have introduced the following features to improve navigation for screen reader users, keyboard navigation and users of text-only browsers.
Navigation & Structure
Navigation menus are marked up using HTML lists and HTML headings are used to convey document structure (i.e. H1 for main titles, H2 for subtitles, etc).
Links use descriptive hyperlink text and where appropriate have 'Title' attributes which describe the link in greater detail.
We have avoided the use of 'Frames' and 'Tables' for layout and structure, which are difficult for special browsers to interpret.
For quick access and to give better accessibility to users without a mouse, we have included shortcut keys into this site in line with the UK Government access keys standard.
Access keys include:
- m - Skip to the Site Map page content
- s - Jump to main content
- n - Jump to main navigation
- 0 - Access the Accessibility Statement
- 1 - Return to the home page
- 2 - Access the About Us section
- 3 - Access the Services section
- 4 - Access the Clients section
- 5 - Access the Contact Us section
To use these access keys follow the instructions below:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 4 - press 'Alt' and letter at the same time
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5 - press 'Alt' and letter, then press enter
- Netscape 6 - press 'Alt' and letter at the same time
- Mozilla 4+ - press 'Alt' and letter at the same time
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5 - hold down 'Control' key and then press letter
- Linux Mozilla 4+ - press 'Alt' and letter at the same time
Use of Fonts, Graphical Images and Colours
This site uses easy to read, non-serif font type, size and colour. Font sizes can be changed through your browser settings.
Content images used in this site use descriptive 'alt' attributes. Purely decorative graphics include empty attributes.
Font, background and image colours have been chosen in appropriate combinations to ensure information is provided clearly under colour blindness conditions.
Cascading Style Sheets
We have built this site using Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) which means you can use this site on a wide range of browsers. It also allows you to alter the way you can view any web site, from the size of text to the colour of hyperlinks through your browser settings.
If your browser or browsing device does not support stylesheets at all, the use of structured semantic markup ensures that the content of each page is still readable and clearly structured.
Browser Compatibility :
Most of our visitors use Internet Explorer. Microsoft offer full accessiblity help with their products and you can access this using ‘Help’ in your browser toolbar.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 4.0+ for PCs and 4.5+ for Macintosh computers
- Netscape Navigator Version 4.7+ for PCs and Macintosh computers
- Opera 6+
- IBM Home Page Reader 3.0
- JAWS 5.0
Standards Compliance :
This site adheres to the following compliance / validation standards:
- W3C XHTML v1.0
- W3C CSS v2.0
- W3C - WAI WCAG
Our pages conform to minimum level "A" compliance, but the majority of pages are also compliant to Level "AA" and "AAA" requirements.